Getting to School
We provide bus transportation for:
- Non-transfer elementary students living 1.5 miles or more from their school; and
- Non-transfer middle school or high school students living 2 miles or more from their school.
Buses may arrive up to 15 minutes after the scheduled stop time. Students should remain at the stop up to 15 minutes after the scheduled stop time. If students wait longer than 15 minutes, call 918-833-8100.
Find your bus route
Select a school
Who do I call if my child has not returned home from school on time?
- First call your child’s school
- If you do not get an answer, call transportation at 918-833-8100
- Note: buses may run 10-minutes after the posted stop time
Who do talk to about transportation for students with special needs?
- Call our special needs transportation representative at 918-833-8148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: There is a 3-5 day processing window for all new applications
LIGHTEN YOUR DAILY LOAD
Parents have enough to worry about. SafeStop puts key information at the fingertips of Tulsa Public Schools parents and families, so you won’t spend time or energy wondering, “Where’s the bus?”
TRUST THAT YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE
Security is priority one, especially where student information is concerned. All parent information is password protected within the app to prevent unauthorized people from accessing any student bus information.
- View a real-time, map-based bus locator
- Guarantee parent and student information privacy
- Create custom zones for each stop and school
- Receive email alerts and push notifications
- Available on smartphones and tablets
SET UP SAFESTOP
- Download the SafeStop app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Enter the school access code. (5C001)
- Enter your child’s unique Student ID.
- Select the bus or route name based on school communications preference you wish to track.
- Create alert zones around drop-off and pick-up points.
You’re all set! You will be able to track the movement of the bus during active route times and receive notifications when the bus enters your custom alert zone(s).
If you have any questions or need assistance, call our customer service center at (918)833-8100.
- Enter the gym at 7:00.
- If you are eating breakfast, go to the cafeteria.
- If not eating, sit in a line behind your class sign in the gym.
- Follow the directions of the teachers.
- Sit quietly and wait for your teacher to pick up your class.
- Gather your personal belongings
- Calmly walk to your designated area and put your items away.
- Wrap Up
- School is dismissed at 2:35.
- Car riders with parents will be dismissed at 2:35 from their classrooms.
- Sign out sheets/accountability checklists will be used to dismiss students.
- Parents will help students get things from their lockers.
- At 2:45, teachers will walk all remaining students to the gym. Team teachers will split up and some will stay in the gym while others supervise outside.
- Students will get their backpacks, pick up younger siblings in the gym, and then leave the school grounds.
- Daycare riders will be dismissed to the library hall at 2:45 (Younger students will be picked up by a daycare duty teacher.)
- Students not picked up by 3:10 will be taken to the office to sit and read. Teachers will sign the student(s) in with clerk.
|Opening Bell||7:30 a.m.|
|Dismissal Bell||2:35 p.m.|
1770 E. 61st St
Tulsa, OK 74136